As the world continues to battle the COVID-19 Pandemic, we wanted to provide an update on how the virus is changing the way we work as we aim to continue providing a reliable and safe Waste Management solution.
Greener Options continues to closely monitor the impact of COVID-19 on our business and supply chains in order to ensure that things can remain ‘business as usual’ as much as possible. While many industries have been brought to a standstill during this trying time – Waste Management continues to move at speed and with the introduction of mass testing sites more waste is being created than before the pandemic. With this in mind, we have expanded our service team in order to meet these growing demands while continuing to provide Upper Tier service to our existing clients.
All Office based personnel and Field Service Operatives have been provided with thorough guidance in line with measures recommended by the UK Government and the relevant public health agencies. These will continue to be updated as and when new recommendations are made. As of February 2021 these include:
- Face coverings: must be worn in indoor settings across our industry such as: tattoo and piercing parlours, premises providing veterinary services and funeral service providers.
- Following the social distancing guidelines wherever possible. There are of course some situations where this is not possible and, in these instances, preventive measures such as face coverings become even more crucial.
- Each van is equipped with high-alcohol hand sanitiser and surface wipes for continual use throughout the day while Operatives provide their own face coverings dependant on their own personal preference.
- Maintaining high company standards for hygiene and ensuring each van is cleaned thoroughly after each working day has been completed to ensure that in the event of a van change, the risk of virus contamination is minimised from person to person.
- Colleagues take responsibility for their own health and if they begin to feel unwell or develop any symptoms of the virus they must remain away from the business until such a
time that it is safe for them to return.
- Encouraging all colleagues to participate in the Test and Trace system in order to track any potential contact with or exposure to the virus. In the event that this happens, any business or domestic property that has been visited by the
colleague in question will be informed.
- Gloves are changed after each job has been completed without exception as per company policy, providing peace of mind that the potential for cross-contamination is kept manageably low.
While the world has changed and the response to the Pandemic is ongoing, at Greener Options we remain committed to providing a high level of service and care to each and every customer and this commitment is unwavering.
- We are still able to carry out safe and socially distanced site surveys meaning that we can provide our expert advice, on the day risk assessments and installation of any hygiene equipment that may be required. This also allows us to get a feel for your
business and develop an understanding of your specific needs and tailor our service accordingly.
- Being a family run business means that we are able to keep the office open and are only ever a phone call away! Please do not hesitate to get in touch with any queries or enquiries.
We have had clients inform us that they are temporarily closing their premises during the pandemic. As per the recommendations of the Government we are able to suspend the collection service at your premises but in keeping with the terms of your agreement, you will continue to be invoiced for any equipment supplied that remains on your premises – with the hope that full service can be
resumed as early as possible.